Well, not much is going on around here. I wanted to post to get that silly mummy picture off the top of my blog! We have just been doing our day to day stuff, school, work, sleep, and then do it all over again. Aaron and I have been trying to get some Christmas shopping done on his days off while the kids are in school. It gets harder every year to shop with no kids and to decide what to get the older ones. You can't get them ten $10 toys anymore. Or toys at all for that matter! Dallin is not much of a toy playing kinda boy. He would prefer videogames to anything. Taylor is now a tween, and doesn't play with toys anymore. So her list of items range in the $50-$150 range, for 1 thing. Yah right!!! So I have come up with a great idea for her but you'll have to stay tuned because she reads my posts. Tonight for family home evening we made decorative milkshakes. I saw this idea on a strangers blog(friend of a friend of a friend). You melt chocolate chips and paint on the inside of a glass with a paint brush. Then fill with milkshake yummy! We tried to do the Christmas theme, but ran out of easy things to paint. If any of you try it you have to post your pictures on your blog so we can see who is the best artist. Christmas cards are coming soon, so keep an eye out!
Monday, December 10, 2007
Just another day!
Well, not much is going on around here. I wanted to post to get that silly mummy picture off the top of my blog! We have just been doing our day to day stuff, school, work, sleep, and then do it all over again. Aaron and I have been trying to get some Christmas shopping done on his days off while the kids are in school. It gets harder every year to shop with no kids and to decide what to get the older ones. You can't get them ten $10 toys anymore. Or toys at all for that matter! Dallin is not much of a toy playing kinda boy. He would prefer videogames to anything. Taylor is now a tween, and doesn't play with toys anymore. So her list of items range in the $50-$150 range, for 1 thing. Yah right!!! So I have come up with a great idea for her but you'll have to stay tuned because she reads my posts. Tonight for family home evening we made decorative milkshakes. I saw this idea on a strangers blog(friend of a friend of a friend). You melt chocolate chips and paint on the inside of a glass with a paint brush. Then fill with milkshake yummy! We tried to do the Christmas theme, but ran out of easy things to paint. If any of you try it you have to post your pictures on your blog so we can see who is the best artist. Christmas cards are coming soon, so keep an eye out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looked like a fun and delicious F.H.E!
My days seem to be the same lately too, the anticipation of Christmas seems to be slowing the days leading up to it! Keep up the posts, I like knowing what people are up to, even if it is as boring as what I am doing! Hee
What a fun idea! We'll have to try it. :)
Angie
way cute idea!! well, i hope the kids like their gift from us this year!! we had to discipline ourselves not to open it and play with it!
Post a Comment