Friday, June 18, 2010
Forward Progress on Our Basement
For the last few months we have been working on finishing our basement. We have done most of the work ourselves except for hanging and texturing the drywall. A few weeks ago we got the tiling in the bathroom done. Today we made huge progress. Two weeks ago I found brand new oak cabinets on craigslist for really cheap. We bought all the cabinets we needed for our bar area, and then I got to work. I added beadboard to the front panels, primed, painted, and glazed them all to give them a country/worn kind of look. They turned out beautiful. They look alot more expensive than the $75 I paid for each of them. So today we installed the wide plank laminate wood flooring, and then installed all the cabinets. I LOVE IT! It is my dream kitchen, only in my basement. We have some doors to hang, window sills to install, paint to touch up, and then we will be ready for carpet! So if anyone needs a place to stay when they come to town, my basement will be available soon!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy crap! That looks way good. A whole lot different than when I saw it last. Way to go guys. I want to stay there next time we're in town!
A
It's looking really great... I'm excited for you. As a side note... you totally need to update your pic of the kids. They all look so little!
Post a Comment