The kids jumped on a huge inflated pillow!
Ashton and Brayden on the wagon with their corn!
Our produce Loot! Sweet corn, potatoes, beets,onions, cabbage, carrots, green beans, indian corn, popcorn, pumpkins, and eggplant.
Scary Brayden
Ashton in the petting zoo with a cute little goat!
About half way through the fields, Brayden started whining he was hungry and he wouldn't stop crying, I forgot the treats in the car. Our next stop was the cabbage, so I picked a huge head of cabbage, peeled back the bad leaves and gave him a big leaf to eat. He called it lettuce. He ate it all and asked for another leaf. Next stop was carrots, which we washed and he also ate a few. Then came the sweet corn. The kids were eating it raw, fresh picked. I think he had 3 ears of sweet corn. He was so happy and content the rest of the time! We now have lots of work to do. Canning and freezing our food.
It was so much fun to do! Maybe next year I can get Aaron to go, he has yet to come with us because we always go when he's working.
2 comments:
That sounds like a way fun trip. Have fun with all the fresh produce!
Alma
Sounds like a great time! Funny that Brayden was cool with eating a raw leaf of cabbage like that.
Post a Comment