So I usually try and do a post each week, but our lives have been so uneventful. Just taking care of kids and Aaron's working. I think the biggest excitement isn't even for me. We are waiting for a new nephew to be born any day now. Can't wait to hear the news and see some pictures.
My old friend Monae tagged me with a "5 things" tag. I don't usually do them, but I have nothing else to post so I decided to give it a try. Aside from my husband, kids, gospel, and family, here is my list.
1. I got married at 18. Aaron is 4 years older then me, cradle robber! My parents freaked for a week or two and then they realized it was meant to be. We dated 1 month, he proposed the week after I graduated from high school(end of May), and we got married July 29. Crazy I know, but here we are almost 14 years later, and he's still the love of my life!
2. I had all 5 of my kids 100% natural. That means no pain meds of any kind. Three of them, Taylor, Ashton, and Brayden, were born at home in my bedroom. Dallin and Emma were born in a birth center. I loved having my babies naturally and being in charge of my own labor. It is great to be in your own home, and your own bed. I would love to see more women believe in their bodies ability, and themselves, to have a natural birth. My births have been one of the most special moments of my life.
3.I love being with my husband! Some women hate if their husband is around to much, they think they throw their schedule off. Not me! He has worked only 3 days a week for 5 years now. He has some new business stuff he is doing on his 2 days off now and I am going through withdraws. I cherish our time together, he is my best friend!
4. I love that I had the opportunity growing up to live in many places because my dad was in the Air Force. Here is a list of where I have lived in the correct order:
Anchorage,Alaska--San Francisco,California--Colorado Springs,Colorado--Spokane,Washington--Germany--Andrews Air Force Base,Maryland--Alma,Nebraska--Grand Island,Nebraska--Waukee,Iowa(just outside Des Moines)--Co.Sprgs,Colorado--Davenport,Iowa--Co.Springs,Colorado.
Also, an interesting note-even though I loved moving in my childhood, I don't want that for my children. I want them to live by grandmas/grandpas and family. I want them to have friends from kindergarten that they graduate high school with.
5. My favorite thing to do with my kids(and theirs too) is to snuggle up together in my bed and watch Food Network. We do this a few times a week. Our favorite shows are the cooking challenges. This may be cheesy, but I hope it is something they will always think fondly of when they get older.
Well, there ya have it! A little glimpse into my life and thoughts. I tag anyone who wants to do this.
1 comment:
I know, I usually don't do these things either. Yours was fun to read. I love your new 2008 picture on the side. You have such a cute family.
Post a Comment