Sunday, April 12, 2009

Potty Training Time



Sorry Brayden about the bum shot but I love that little tooshie!!!!

I have started the next dreaded step in Braydens young life, potty training. I tried to do it while the big kids were on spring break but after 3 days of that I decided it would be better to do it after they went back to school. So this past week the challenge began. You would think that I've done this 4 other times piece of cake right! I am so lazy this time! All my other kids were trained within a week of their 2nd birthday. I didn't think he would ever get it, however, I am pleased to say he is doing awesome. He has been in big boy undies for 5 days now and has only had 3 accidents. We are even going out and about in his undies. It just finally clicked in his head. He is even taking his naps in underwear and has had no accidents. I am still too afraid to cut out the diapers at night, but he has been dry for the last 2 mornings! I would say he is about 90% potty trained, the last 10% being #2 in the potty, still working on that! Way to go Brayden! My baby is not a baby anymore

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I have always thought potty training was the worst part of raising a kid. I only have 1 more and I think I am going to try this summer. She will be 2 in September. I am a little anxious to get it over with, but she is already telling me when she goes and sometimes before! yay! I guess we will see! :) Good job Brayden...and mom! :)

Andy and Melissa said...

I was thinking Stella was close, but then she pooped in the bath tub the other day, and so I told her lo look at it... well I said, uh oh, look you pooped, and had her stand up to get her out, when she turned and saw it, she started screaming and was totally freaked out, shaking and everything. SSo I'm not sure she's actually as ready as I thought. I have to do it soon though, too much money spent on diapers these days.

alma and nicole smith said...

uggh...totally dreading that with jagger. he goes in his potty sometimes, but i haven't made the real effort to start. especially because i've been so busy. any pointers would be very helpful :)