Today is the day that my grandma was able to be reunited with her eternal companion, grandpa George. This evening my grandma passed away peacefully after being apart from grandpa for 25 years. She is such a strong woman, with such a strong will. We have all been touched by the thinness of the veil for grandma over the past few days. Grandpa has been near to her the whole time. My family has had very touching moments in the presence of grandma. She lived a long, wonderful life, and has touched the lives of many people. She lived in the same house that she brought her babies home to almost 60 years ago. The grandkids climbed her trees, rode around her block, played baseball in her front yard and many, many other memories that will never be forgotten. Most importantly, she had my dad, and raised him to be strong in the gospel. I know that I have the wonderful life that I have today because of how she taught my dad to follow the gospel and put the Lord first. He in turn taught me the truth. Grandma, we all love you deeply and will miss you very much, but we are so glad that you are now in the arms of your eternal sweetheart.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
An Eternal Love Reunited
Today is the day that my grandma was able to be reunited with her eternal companion, grandpa George. This evening my grandma passed away peacefully after being apart from grandpa for 25 years. She is such a strong woman, with such a strong will. We have all been touched by the thinness of the veil for grandma over the past few days. Grandpa has been near to her the whole time. My family has had very touching moments in the presence of grandma. She lived a long, wonderful life, and has touched the lives of many people. She lived in the same house that she brought her babies home to almost 60 years ago. The grandkids climbed her trees, rode around her block, played baseball in her front yard and many, many other memories that will never be forgotten. Most importantly, she had my dad, and raised him to be strong in the gospel. I know that I have the wonderful life that I have today because of how she taught my dad to follow the gospel and put the Lord first. He in turn taught me the truth. Grandma, we all love you deeply and will miss you very much, but we are so glad that you are now in the arms of your eternal sweetheart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry about your Grandma. It is nice to know that you will be able to see her again someday, I couldn't imagine not having that knowledge of the truth!
Our thoughts are with your family!
That was so sweet, Carri. You certainly have the right perspective about your Grandma's passing, but I'm sure you're still grieving. Hang in there and continue to find comfort in knowing where she is now and who she's with!
She's an incredible person, you can just tell. I'm sorry for the times you will miss her, but it's true it's nice to have a complete understanding that families can be together forever. Now it's the memories you can cherish until you see her again.
Sorry to hear about your Grandma Carri. I hate when people die - because I get so sad knowing that I can't just see them or talk to them when I want to - but I always think how happy they are to see their husband or wife again (well those that are second to go).
Post a Comment