Friday, October 12, 2007

Just me and the Boys!




Thursday night was a great night! Both Taylor and Emma had sleepovers at someone elses house. So it was just me and my 4 boys. We had a great time. After Aaron got home from work we went to a sports restaurant down the way and got some food and watched the Rockies play. The boys loved the fact that you can hoot, holler, and clap in a restaurant. It was fun to be around that excitement of the game. Then we came home, put Brayden to bed, and we all watched the rest of the game together. Go Rockies!!! When you ask Ashton what month it is his reply is, "It's Rocktober." Dallin never lets me take a picture of him, so I had to do it while he was asleep. You know I think we, as parents, always love to watch our babies sleep, but I think it's neat to watch the big kids sleep too. Last night I was thinking about Taylor and Dallin and how old they are getting. Taylor will be 12 next year and will go into Young Womens, WOW! She is really turning into an awesome young lady. Dallin is such a kind, caring person. He is always concerned about his family. He is the first one there to help Brayden or Ashton. I can't tell you how many times Emma has gotten busted and Dallin is the one who tells me to lighten up on her and he is right there to give her a hug and comfort her. He was chosen by his 4th grade class to be on the student council and his teacher says Dallin is everyones friend and kind to all. I sure love him. It's weird, and scary, to realize that Taylor could be married in 8 years. That is so close. I truly cherish my family and especially my children. They bring me so much joy. People ask me all the time if all 5 kids are mine, and my reply is always yes, and they are so much fun. It's hard sometimes having 5 with all the bickering and such, but we have the best times too. Life is never dull or boring. I think one of my favorite things to do with my kids, is when we all squeeze onto the couch, snuggle up with a blanket and watch t.v. I love my kids!!!

4 comments:

Andy and Melissa said...

I can't believe the comment about Taylor being old enough to be married in 8 years. Wow, they are growing up. Crazy!

alma and nicole smith said...

i love this post!! theres nothing better than hearing all the good things kids mothers have to say about them...when they are true! i love your kids!!

alma and nicole smith said...

Hey sis, I just wanted to tell you that this post is awesome. You have been blessed with amazing kids. We sure wish we could see them more.
-Alma

Unknown said...

Your kids are greatand you are right, Dallin is so very sensitive - like when Brayden was crying in his crib and Dallin asked you to please come get him, he use to do the same thing with Ashty - he's a cool kid! They are all growing up too fast, they will be gone in a blink! I sure do love them. Mom S